The Delivery Driver will pick up and drop off items while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. You should ensure that the orders are complete, packed correctly, safely delivered, and stored properly to each jobsite or drop off location. Work will consist of delivering and/or picking up trailers and materials to jobsites. Picking up materials from suppliers and delivering to jobsite or final location. Requires the knowledge and ability to safely hook, detach, and of towing of lowboy trailers, gooseneck flat decks, and gooseneck dump trailers. Must know how to correctly secure loads for safe transportation.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
Include but are not limited to:
- Loading, transporting, and delivering materials to jobsites in a safe, timely manner.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete and correct.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicle or trailer.
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, etc.
- Keeping up truck and trailers conditions (maintenance, organized, clean).
- Maintain a valid Texas drivers license.
- Vacation; eligible for 1 week at 1-year anniversary of job employment and 2 weeks at each year thereafter.
- Paid Holiday’s include New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day , Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 5 sick days per calendar year – sick days will not accrue and a doctor’s note is required before any days are paid.
- 80% of health care coverage for employee
Starting pay $12.00 per hour. Top pay for this position is $18.50 per hour or $38,480 yearly. This is an hourly position with overtime possible. However, no overtime will be paid unless authorized by production manager.