Schulte Roofing®, a top 100 roofing company in the United States is undergoing rapid expansion and looking to for an experienced commercial roofing project manager to fill new roles in a rapidly expanding commercial roofing division. The qualified candidate will have direct experience estimating, bidding, and managing commercial roofing projects with multiple teams.
Schulte Roofing is seeking an extremely experienced and highly qualified commercial roofing project manager and/or estimator with at least 3 years of commercial roofing experience as a project manager or estimator. Commercial roofing project managers and estimators work with our existing commercial construction companies, property owners, and management companies to help respond and service an ever-increasing work load and bid demand. Commercial roofing project managers and estimators are considered key positions to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with our partners, subs, and vendors.
For qualified candidates, the Commercial Roofing Project Manager and Commercial Roofing Estimator roles have a high earning potential, high level of autonomy, and steady stream of qualified commercial roofing leads and bidding opportunities.
Typically, work will consist of, but not limited to, estimating materials and labor for large commercial roof projects, both new roofs and reroofs with the intention of acquiring new roofing projects. A knowledgeable understanding of plans and specifications is required. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture/construction science is preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to perform takeoffs and manipulate pdf’s with related software. Additionally, the ability to work with others in an office environment and communicate effectively is a must. Continuing education in all aspects of roofing application and products is mandatory. Lastly, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to make effective and pragmatic decisions that guide and manage the project from beginning to end. The required estimating ability and management skillsets must be performed in a manner that gives the customer peace of mind, maintains budget guidelines, and completes projects on time.
Responsibilities / Requirements
Included but are not limited to:
- The ability to quote commercial roofing projects and their accessories efficiently and profitably.
- The ability to read and understand plans and their specifications.
- The ability to calculate roofing squares by both plans and physical measuring on site if needed.
- Properly prepare and upload all paperwork required for sold jobs in a timely fashion; within 2 business days after contract is signed.
- Help manage and facilitate any job you have sold. While we do not require that you are on site during the entire production of your job, sometimes it becomes necessary.
- To keep an ongoing and continual knowledge of industry standards, changes, terminology, proper installation procedures, products, etc… Along with mandatory weekly meetings, this company, at times, will schedule continuing education events outside the company and you are required to attend.
- Take all leads given you by the company and pursue with 100% effort. While we cannot guarantee the value of any lead, we strive hard to create and screen for good solid leads.
- During slow times when leads are few you should make an effort to create or pursue leads.
- Update all leads in company CRM system (Job Progress) immediately following an appt, sale, or follow up. Additionally, notes should be made on all follow up calls or visits to keep record of all communications.
- You shall address all support cases within 24hrs. The support case should be resolved and moved back to warranty or it should remain in warranty so that it can be scheduled for repairs and/or corrections.
- Respond to all company emails in a timely fashion (24 hours or next business day).
- Must be trustworthy and able to work for long periods unsupervised; self motivated.
- Represent Schulte Roofing in a professional manner at all times in actions and words.
- Will need reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and social security card.
- $750,000 in sales, with acceptable gross margins, is the required minimum sales amount.
- Minimum 4 year construction science degree or 2 years of industry specific experience.
** Additional benefits such as medical may become available depending on costs and/or sales.
- Base pay $800 weekly or option for 100% commission
- If base pay is selected – Bonuses begin at $750,001
$750,001- $850,000: 1% additional (up to $8500)
$850,001 – $1,000,000: 2% additional (up to $20,000)
$1,000,001+: 3% additional (no limit)
- If 100% commission is selected – Commissions are calculated on both the retail amount and gross margin. Commission rates are 7.5% of the retail and the minimum gross margin is 35%.
- Provided you have a white or red (preferable) truck, we will sign the truck and pay you $300 monthly for advertising. Another option would be to wrap a vehicle. If this option is chosen, advertising pay will not begin for 12 months.
- Up to $400 monthly for fuel allowance. TBD as most work is in the office but occasional trips to job sites and/or job related lunches may warrant some compensation.
- Company phone
- Workers Compensation
- Company trips and special events as invited.
Draws against Commission (100% commission)
Draws against commissions will be strictly limited until the first sale is made and will be determined by your efforts and preliminary results. Any draw amount will be posted and deducted on your commission sheet . Draws will remain limited and small until your sales are at a point in which your draw can be increased or you choose to take 100% of what is closed out. The draw will draft to your account every Wednesday.